Monday, October 31, 2011
#blog 7
For my SSI assignments ,I meet some difficulties in thesis statement and building connection between my primary sources and secondary sources.Although I do not quite agree with Mr Bollig's view that my second secondary source is less apparently relevant than my first secondary source,I do think I fail to make central arguments of second secondary source clear.Since my primary source brings about two thesis which seems not relevant to each other,I need to do more work in explaining how those two thesis relate to the class theme.Also,I did not make enough introduction about my secondary source especially the second one ,which may make people feel hard to understand what I was talking about.I should introduce the source by identifying the author and her pitch .Another parts I should improve is that I write two unnecessary anecdotes,which do not meaningfully advance my argument.So in my ARP assignment, I would more focus on the analysis of the source rather than the anecdotes . I also think I should work on the structure of the essay ,since although I do write my thesis statement ,I do not put them in the right place,which makes people feel my overall arguments not clear.I think the reason why I have trouble in writing a good SSI is that I fail to completely understand the requirement. So I would read the requirement of ARP a lot more carefully and figure out how I could meet all the Objectives. Generally speaking, this course is pretty hard for me because the requirement for writing analytically is very challenging.It is easy to make mistakes in your writing.So I need to spend more time to improve my paper and learn more effective ways to write analytically.I believe I will make great progress in writing by the end of this course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment