Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Commonplace Essay about films

I will derive a topic from my ARP essay for my commonplace essay. I am so interested in one of my secondary recourses that a black and white film Nanjing!Nanjing! directed by Chinese director Lu Chuan. The film is about one of a horrible and painful contemporary history of China during World War II, we call the war as Anti-Japanese War (1937-1945). The horrible memory is called Nanjing (Nanking) Massacre that a mass murder, genocide and war rape that occurred during the six-week period following the Japanese capture of the city of Nanjing, the former capital of the Republic of China, on December 13, 1937. During the massacre, at least 300,000 Chinese civilians and disarmed soldiers were murdered and 20,000–80,000 women were raped by soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army. However, the cruel history is denied by Japanese government and major number of Japanese, especially young generation has nothing about this history because they never learnt it from their history text book. For my commonplace essay, I won’t use historical evidence to reveal the truth even I have already collected a mass of undeniable documentary evidence. Because there are a lot of scholars from China, Japan, US, German even all over the world are telling the truth to the public. I want to find out the relevant theme films which narrate the history, the truth and the disaster by using the artistic form, because film is a better way to reveal the truth and attract more people to concern the event. And my essay’s audience can be anyone who concerns this history or would concern it, no matter trusts it, doubts it or denies it, they could watch these films which I mentioned in my essay and think about what the films want to tell the audience. I hope after my essay, more and more people will pay attention to this history which cannot be concealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment